Interested in working to support the efforts of ASF Alabama? Applications are being accepted for a VISTA who would work to develop and expand opportunities for health professions students to understand and address health equity issues in their academic and future careers. This position is a joint appointment with the UAB School of Medicine.
More information can be found online: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=91839&fromSearch=true
In addition to duties with the UAB School of Medicine and the Equal Access Birmingham student-run free clinic, the VISTA would do the following for ASF of Alabama:
- Manage recruitment strategies of new fellows from local graduate schools, including but not limited to: collecting evaluation data of applicants and produce reports for Advisory Council, meeting with prospective students, scheduling interviews, and compiling acceptance or rejection letters.
- Assist with logistics and programming of ASF events, including orientation, monthly meetings, retreats, the Celebration of Service, and Fellows Fest
- Provide project support for Fellows, including tracking hours and program requirements
- Assist Executive Director in scheduling and planning meetings with fellows, Board of Directors, and Advisory Council
- Create content for social media and website to promote applications, current Fellows’ projects, Fellows for Life, and partners.
Applications are being accepted now and will be filled once a candidate is identified.